Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bff's Wedding Cookies

      I know, it's been a while since my last posting but in my defense it's been a crazy past month! School starting, bff getting married, business trips, birthdays, etc, etc. Now with the holiday season nearing, it will only get crazier before things calm down probably around the end of March next year!  Hopefully I will still be able to find time and have enough energy to bake in the midst of it all!
      Anyway, back to this month's posting: My bff FINALLY got hitched this past month and of course I happily volunteered to make my fancy shmancy cookies to be a part of her Sweets table.  Props to Amber Spiegel for giving me the inspiration. I can never get my cookies to look exactly like hers! Pulled out all the stops for these babies: orange zest, cardamom, and vanilla bean flavor, hand painted with gold dust, and handmade tags. I have to admit, it was quite a feat even though I only made about 100 of them. More so because I was running around like a mad woman trying to do my M of H duties with both kids by myself for the whole week before the big day at the same time. The color palate fit perfectly for as my bff called "a vintage-Marie Antoinette-gone crazy in a country cottage" theme wedding. I used a scalloped edge round  cutter to get a little extra detailing in because I wanted to save time by not piping a beaded border around each one. I can only imagine how pain stakingly long THAT would have taken. My hand cramps up just thinking about it. I think these turned out pretty well considering I'm just an amateur.       

4 different punchers, tweezers, neck cramps and lots of
shifting of body weight to make these tags...



Pictures don't do justice to how sparkly these look with the gold.


No comments:

Post a Comment