Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Royal Icing EPIC FAILURE

Today, my morning was off to a great start. Woke up to these cuties & some pretty wet good-morning kisses.




















I was very happy also because the night before I had done this:





I came downstairs to make breakfast and check on my happy little owls and saw this had happened to almost all of my cookies:



I wanted to do this:


I frantically tried to save my precious little creations but then ended up with this:


 SO I had to this:
 What a waste!

I wanted to do this:



So what is the point of this post?

LET YOUR ROYAL ICING REST FOR AT LEAST 10 MINUTES and stir out all the bubbles before piping!!!! Mix your colors, get the consistency to whatever you want and then LET. IT. REST. All the bubbles will come up to the surface and all you have to do is gently swish a spoon/spatula through and no more bubbles. I know, so easy. Such a small step to avoid such a huge catastrophe.

I learned my lesson the hard way. What was the hard way? I had to make a new batch all over AGAIN. Not good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment